One of the joys of these road trips is after I exit the interstate highways, I get to drive down numerous local highways and roads that paint a picture of the real America, the people who are doing valuable work that makes life easier for those of us in urban environments. In this neck of the woods where I am now, exiting interstate 70 got me onto 2 miles and miles of cornfields, and whatever other crops are planted in the acreage as far as the eyes can see. After a brief stop at the local trading Post, that is, the local, super Walmart, I made it into the camp just as the sun was setting. Perfect timing. And what an absolutely lovely park this is. It is an oasis and it’s all the cornfields, apparently, a beach forest. I can only see one of their camper in the distance. Otherwise, the park is completely empty. If I did not have to move on in particular, I could probably stay here for a few more days.
Sent from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment