As I might have written earlier, when I arrived at the dealer this morning to install the storage shelf in the rear, it had not arrived. It wasn’t expected until as late as 230. Without explaining all of the details, and there were many, I gave myself until 12 o’clock before I had to move on. As it turns out, it arrived at exactly 1208 was installed no more than a half hour later, and we were on our way, well within what I thought if everything had worked out., Before we left the camp this morning, when I was in the bathhouse, the door opened at ANNIE popped in. She’s learned a new trick. If there’s a window that is open, she takes advantage of it, it leaps out. She did the same thing at the dealer with the vehicle was in the garage. I couldn’t find her in the shop until she finally appeared, probably looking for me. I thought at first I was going to have to exercise Plan B, which was to bivouac somewhere before our goal of 300 some miles today. Fortunately, we didn’t have to do that, and made it to the Lincoln Trail State Park, just as the sun was setting. And what an absolutely fabulous camp this is, almost like a country club. For better or force we are the only campers I can see the place is completely empty Annie preoccupying herself by staying on guard for all the animals that are sort of hovering on the periphery of our camp. When I flush this flashlight around the camp, it hits their eyes and you could see these bright eyes, just staring at us, probably waiting for us to go to bed so they To avoid what happened with any last night, I set up this little fan that I bought just before I left, thinking that something like this might happen when we were in the back of the vehicle. Hopefully, it will circulate the air in the rear. I also have the windows roll down with screens put over them so we can get as much fresh air as we can. I am slowly beginning to emerge from the shakedown phase of this, and getting used to living my life in a completely different way than I do on a daily basis back home. That’s the most difficult part about this trip, learning how to do the normal routines of life and a totally different way that you did it back home.
Sent from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment