I need to develop the patience of Job to handle this particular shakedown. It is quite different from my previous five-day shakedowns because of Annie, the Grenadier, and my own mobility.
I managed to get a halfway decent amount of sleep last night. However, at about 2:00 a.m., I was awakened by a ticking sound that repeated every second. At first, I thought it was coming from the huge bus that had pulled into the campsite next to me, but it wasn’t. It was Annie breathing. The more I focused on it, the less sleep I got. Once I realized she was all right, I shifted my position in the Grenadier so that I was farther away from her and tried to go back to sleep.
I broke camp at about 9:00 and arrived at the INEOS dealer around 9:45 to have the storage shelf installed. The problem was that the shelf had never arrived.
It is now 11:54, and I am sitting here waiting for UPS to deliver it. UPS tells me that it is package number 22 out of 141 on the truck, although I have no idea how that translates into an estimated delivery time. If it arrives within the next 45 minutes, I will stay and have it installed. If not, I will move on without it.
Either way, it is now too late for me to reach Lincoln Trail State Park tonight, so I will consult with ChatGPT to find another campsite somewhere along the route.I will then have to make more time on the road tomorrow to make up for a while. I lose today.
all life is " + " & " - " ..... did you get the shelf ?
ReplyDelete