Monday, September 14, 2026

Day 7, Fort Kearney, State recreation area, Nebraska

Just arrived at this absolutely wonderful oasis at 6:15 tonight. What an absolutely fantastic site this is, and what a great campsite we got. And the camp host told me to make sure that Annie gets to run around as free as she wants, which is why you don’t see her in this photo. I just made a side tomorrow to stick around for an extra day here and plan the rest of the trip. This is actually leg three that I’m on, the first leg – Washington to independence, Missouri, the second leg – from independence to the north PLATT river, which is not too far away and then I 80, the final leg were on, which runs along the interstate 80 Carter to Fort Bridger, several days away. Then the real interesting legs of the trip begin. I will write more later tonight regarding the events of this morning.

Uploaded Image

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment