Monday, September 14, 2026

Re: Day 7, stranded in Fairbury Nebraska

Update The only shop in town that can handle this will not be able to take me until first thing tomorrow morning. And that’s only to check out what the problem might be, if finish the rattling. If it requires repair, the NES get shipped back and rent vehicle and hit back home immediately. The problem is, lightning thunder, and rain expected tonight and the foul weather is to continue until Wednesday at 11 o’clock. This is not the trip I planned. This is not what I expected with the grenadier What am I supposed to do, every time I take a gravelroad I have to take it to some mechanic to remove the skid plates to remove the grav that were picked up. If this is what the situation is, this was very poor design by the ineos engineers. I guess it is that they drove the million miles they said they tested the vehicle back-and-forth to the country clubs in England. Sent from my iPhone > On Sep 14, 2026, at 11:53 AM, Ed Mulrenin <edmulrenin@gmail.com> wrote: > > Problem with the grenadier. We had to stop in the middle of nowhere on highway. Drive safely into nearby town. We will have to stay here until a mechanic can see us tomorrow. It could be nothing more than a situation where gravel that I picked up yesterday collected on top of the skid plate and starts rattling terribly after 55 miles an hour. If that is the case, this is a case of poor design by INEOS.. since I cannot afford to take any chances, I have to bivouac here for tonight. > > > Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment