I finally got settled into the back of the Grenadier. I have both rear windows open, with screens over them, but it is still hotter than a sauna. Annie is breathing very heavily, and I expect that the two of us will interrupt each other’s sleep tonight. She has had a very hard time on this trip. If I turn back early, it will be because of her—not because of all the other problems.
The rain came on suddenly. I had failed to check the forecast because today had been almost entirely sunny. It was still bright outside when I drove the Grenadier to the dump station. When I returned five minutes later, the rain was pouring down. Lightning is now flashing about every ten seconds, although there is still no thunder.
Fortunately, the rain let up for a few minutes, giving me just enough time to climb into the rear of the Grenadier and inflate my mattress. Otherwise, I would have been sleeping on a very hard floor.
Now that I have faced this particular challenge, my conclusion is this: when it comes to saving time, sleeping in the back of the Grenadier is definitely the way to go. But when it comes to comfort and enjoyment, give me a tent. In fact, if this continues, I may start setting up the tent every night.
No comments:
Post a Comment