Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Day 2, morning

This journey is not getting off to a good start. Somehow, I picked up a cold and sore throat and, although I was in bed for nine hours, I probably got about three hours of sleep. On top of that, there’s no way to control the window controls without the engine being on, so I really can’t control the temperature in the rear when sleeping. Perhaps I’ll experiment tonight by leaving the key on in the intermediate position without the engine being on, and maybe that will provide power to the windows, without draining the battery. On top of this, Annie . threw up this morning. I have been down this road at least a half dozen times on these road trips and successfully visited vets along the way. I will watch her situation for a few days and then decide what to do. I unloaded the tent from the rear of the Grenadter and secured it on the roof rack. That will free up a little more space in the back, and save me some time at campsites by not having to unload and then load it again. I just hope I secured it securely. Today we had to ALUM Creek State Park in Ohio and, if UPS performed as they promise, will stop off in Dublin Ohio tomorrow at the INESO dealer to get the rear cargo shelf installed. That will free up even more space and save some time. I may even try to mount the tarp poles on one side of the defender on those accessory rails that I have, and the camp chair on the other. The problem is, I understand that in some states, they make it illegal to transport gear hanging from the sides of your trucks.

Uploaded Image

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment