Above or below is a photo of my view of the inside of our tent, actually, the rear of the Grenadier. (I need to come up with a word that is a combination of a tent and the rear of a Grenadier. It really is like being inside a tent) We made a lot of ground today. The Guernsey Ruts Register Cliff Devil’s Gate Independence Rock We also passed Split Rock, another major emigrant-trail landmark, on the way toward Devil’s Gate, but the sign for its entrance came up too quickly for me to stop. but the sign for its entrance came up too quickly for me to stop. We also drove a significant amount of mileage through some of the most exquisite country. One can imagine, which is our fourth change of landscape since the trip started. Now we are in what I call the foothills of the Rockies. The highways are straight and virtually empty, not only of vehicles, but have any structures to the left the right as far as you could see. The problem was, there were no campsites in sight anytime soon for me, and I was getting low on gas. In fact, by the time I eventually found gas, who was the first gas station and more than 250 miles that I came to. ChatGPT recommended that I move on to a campsite 22 miles down Highway 28, when I only had 71 miles left in my gas tank, and the next gas station beyond that camp was about 40 miles away. I did not want to take the risk of entering that city with only 9 miles left in my gas tank. So, after getting gas, we are bivouacking in this lovely tent section of an RV camp right on the highway. In fact, this is one of the best campsites that I’ve had the entire trip. entering that city with only 9 miles left in my gas tank. So, after getting gas, we are bivouacking in this lovely tent section of an RV camp right on the highway. In fact, this is one of the best campsites that I’ve had the entire trip. One of the highlights today was when I stopped off spontaneously at a rest, stop along the way. Just after I park the vehicle a gentleman approached me and introduced himself as running an operation that outfits and accessorizes of all things Grenadiers. We had a lively conversation about some of the accessories I have and would like to have and some that he suggested that I have. One thing for certain after my conversation with him (Derek) is that I will get a Starlink capability added to my vehicle. Having one would give me the confidence to do some of the trails that I only took in the past when I had a satellite phone with me. Again, my usual disclaimer, I am dictating this message and Apple dictation transcription is absolutely terrible. And when I go to try to proof what was taken down, it is extremely taxing to make changes on the iPhone, so I leave it to your imagination to figure out what I meant. I’m not too sure what ChatGPT has in store for us tomorrow, but we are getting very close to the point where read and Donner made their decision to take the Hastings bypass, which ultimately was the single most mistake. They made that turned their mission of great expectations into a tragedy. It’s also getting close to the point where I will have to make a decision, whether I go northwest, north, southwest, or east. Who can find Annie in this picture? Sent from my iPhone
9/18 12:53 AM no photo posted.....can't locate Annie.
ReplyDelete