Sent from my iPad > On Aug 28, 2026, at 4:32 PM, Ed Mulrenin <edmulrenin@gmail.com> wrote: > >
Although Annie sleeps like a log from the moment, we were tired till the moment that I get up, I am so getting used to the new bed that I have, so I woke up two or three times so I’m the course of the night. I woke up automatically at 7 o’clock, and no more than 10 minutes later, the rain started to come. Fortunately, it wasn’t heavy, and didn’t hinder me from the quotidian chores that one must go through on the road each morning it stopped after a while, but the clouds hovered around for the entire day. >
> As luck would have it, we were able to get a waterfront campsite for tonight, number 142, next-door to the one we had last night. Below is another photo of this campsite. Although I’m sure there are many other good campsites on the waterfront here, I think in the future, I will try to reserve an advance sites 139 to 144. I understand that reservations are on a rolling basis starting nine months before. I’m sure the competition for these sites is pretty great. It seems that many of the people who were here come at the same time, to the very same campsite, which means that they hover around the Internet as soon as the nine month period begins. >
> The forecast for the rest of the day was thunderstorms, and, sure enough, starting at about 3 o’clock, distant thunder, boomed all around us, but without lightning. Although there was a slight rain, after we set up the tarp in the rear of the grenadier, we sat outside under the tarp. It was actually quite pleasant despite the threatening thunder in the distance. When the thunder got louder, and lightning started to appear at 7 o’clock, we headed into the grenadier, where I am now ensconced in the front seat writing this blog. >
> As I sit here, although I know I am camped at MONGOUP pond with Annie, as I look out at the water and the mountains , my mind is skittering over the hundreds of campsites that montag, sonntag, kessie, leben, erde, Donner and I have stayed in over 26 years of road trips and many years of backpacking before that. How lucky I was to have had such marvelous travel companions. And how lucky I am to be able to still do this.
> > Tomorrow we will move on, probably to another camp about 86 miles from here, that I’ve been trying to get to for the last 27 years. It just so happens. It’s on the way home, and it will cut the 330 mile trip back to DC into a more manageable trip. Unfortunately, and he had a hard time and the seven hour trip from DC the other day. But part of that might be that she enjoys sitting on the passenger floor for the entire trip. >
> > Sent from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment